“Like a Virgin”
August 3-5, 2012
Sackville, New Brunswick
Call for Proposals (non-musical and other projects)
Deadline: February 14th, 2012
SappyFest is currently seeking proposals for non-musical, other, and ongoing awesome creative projects to present alongside our always fantastic line-up of musical entertainment. We are interested in your spectacles, installations, prints/multiples, dances, circus acts, performances, interventions and relaxation services.
Generally we are looking for things that are ongoing or ambient, that is, not requiring a scheduled block of time with a dedicated audience sitting down watching you. We are seeking projects that will be embedded and intertwined within the broader SappyFest program, participatory and engaging or perhaps subtle, ephemeral or ambiguous. Mostly we’re after some amazing creative projects that will compliment the rich cultural tapestry that is SappyFest.
We will pay modest honorariums and contributions to materials when applicable. Fees will depend on the scope of individual projects.
Proposals should Include:
- a brief but detailed project description outlining what you would like to do and what you need to do it. (500 words max)
- artist/collective biography and/or CV
- relevant work samples (preferably online)
- a budget if applicable
How to send your proposals to us:
- We’re all trying to produce less paper but we will accept applications through the mail if this suits you and your situation.
6 Ford Lane
- We do prefer email proposals, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your project proposal and online links to your work sample, portfolio etc.
- If you have to send us attachments over 10MB, please use a free web service like yousendit.com, rapidfire, or dropbox etc. Or, post it somewhere else and send a link.
- Are we making this more complicated than it is?
Thank you. We look forward to reviewing your proposals.
Unfortunately we don’t have the time or resources to reply to every submission. If we are interested in your project you should hear something in March.
For more information please contact: email@example.com or call 506 939 3339
SappyFest is a little independent music festival produced annually in Sackville, New Brunswick. Our seventh offering will take place August 3-5, 2012.
The SappyFest Mainstage site is a combination of two large tents, beer garden, merchandise market and uncovered open space with a capacity of 2000. The site is located in the heart of downtown Sackville, on Bridge Street, closing down the main commercial thoroughfare while creating a vibrant, high-profile epicentre for the festival.
Side stages are all within walking distance and include a free outdoor bandstand, art deco movie house, turn of the century United church, and a Royal Canadian Legion.
Now a registered non-profit organization, SappyFest Incorporated, the festival was founded in 2006 by the good people of Sappy Records, Julie Doiron, Jon Claytor and Paul Henderson. At the time it seemed like a more feasible way to get all our friends together than a wedding, and certainly more fun than releasing records into the ether.